This simple natural mouthwash is excellent for any kind of gum problem including receding gums, bleeding gums, gingivitis, gum disease, and even periodontal disease.
To make a sage rinse, cover a handful of fresh or tablespoon of dried sage with boiling spring water, steep in a teapot or jar for 4-8 hours, then strain into a jar to keep in the bathroom. Swish a mouthful around after your daily brushing, then spit.
Use the herbal rinse instead of an alcohol based mouthwash because, aside from being very drying, alcohol-based mouthwashes are known to cause oral cancer.
For more simple natural oral hygiene tips check out my Optimize Your Oral Hygiene Habit e-book!
Register now to watch the Holistic Tooth Fairy's FREE online workshop recording on how to maintain oral health at home. Learn how to:
- Prevent dental emergencies with teeth & gum nourishing foods, herbs and supplements
- Protect your gums by fine tuning your oral hygiene habits
- Relieve jaw tension to avoid breaking enamel or fillings
- Do your own oral health self assessments to identify any issues
- Evaluate whether an issue needs a dentist urgently or can wait
- Manage issues with holistic home remedies until normal dental services resume
Has a dentist told you that your cavities or receding gums are your fault because you are drinking too much Coke, you don’t floss enough or you need to stop breastfeeding your baby? And you know that isn’t true!
I’m not going to blame you or shame you.
The underlying causes of your oral health issues are not your fault!
Nature or nurture, ancestry or environment, free will or systemic oppression, unconscious emotions or the degraded food system
These are the factors that make your teeth and gums vulnerable to disease.
Even though your tooth decay and gum disease is not your fault, it is within your power to change.
You can turn your oral health around with natural strategies and healthy habits.